Batteries and charger arrived today

oldslotracer

Re: Batteries and charger arrived today

Post by oldslotracer »

I don't know the limit of the batteries yet. 12 batteries to run 6 cars and 6 controllers for 45 minutes, and using 2 chargers, they were all topped up in about half an hour.
I'm impressed.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Yes the racing time is longer than the charging time, so 4 battery + 1 charger to each driver/car and they can run forever :yes
long distance racing here we come :D the driver just need to remember to charge before leaving the pit.

oldslotracer wrote:I made this to organize my batteries...batteries that need charging go in the red holes...
the red holes, why? I put my batteries in the charger when they need.................... :rolf

sorry :respect it's a well done battery parking you made, i just use 2 cardboard boxes from magrace delivery, we just have to be disciplined and put the batteries in the charger when changing, and the will be no problems at all.
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

I now have 8 cars and 28 batteries. We've done a few hours of testing/practicing and 5 race nights of over 100 minutes per night.
Batteries last well over one hour, but so far I've had 2 batteries that didn't want to charge up. Anyone else experience that?
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Your doing better than us... We've had 2 out of ten were duds.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

I have 24 Batteries in use and all worked perfect, I also have 52 batteries not in use yet, just waiting for new owners in the club.

Are the batteri total dead, no power at all it? if the cells go flat there are a risk that they can't be recharged.
But I think to that price I will not spend to much time, just kicking it out.
/Keld
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I have had a charger malfunction (one of six), it seems to have over heated two cells. They charge as if ok but discharge in a few seconds. A new set is on it way from China under warranty.

Paul