Track routing with Maslow-cnc 0.7mm bit

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
kiklo
Administrator

Re: Track routing with Maslow-cnc 0.7mm bit

Post by kiklo »

Some progress. Running track. Quick and dirty rails (garden-hose will do for now).

Ugly brick to clam the parts together and release.

I only have a F150 to make bodies. So my first races will be trucks. Some infill are needed between panels.
IMG_20221010_150052.jpg
IMG_20221010_150052.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 4077 times
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Great progress Kim! Looking very good! For a portable track that is placed on a firm foundation, you might be able to hold the panels together with Velcro.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

In fact Ned, theiy stick so good together I have to reverse the grip to separate them. In fact I used candle light on the joints to make them connect and separte easier.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Was the Maslow CNC method accurate enough to make a good track using 0.7mm dia wire? Or was the wire too high and too low in some spots?
What would you recommend to hold portable panels together when they are placed on a floor? Thanks for your help!
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

I did route it at 0.9 mm deep to have some play. Work great. Finding a technique to lay it flush with the surface is important.
Lesson learned. Do the routing in a single pass slowly to avoid miss-aligment. Not what you normally do with never deeper than half of the diameter.

One or 2 small nails or screws through the overlap works fine.
Racing Regards

Kim K.