Latest News from Magnetic Racing

Here we post news from MAGracing.
kiklo
Administrator

Re: Latest News from Magnetic Racing

Post by kiklo »

[quote=

Which radio would you recommend I purchase to best work with these cars?

Thanks![/quote]

Both FLYSKY FS-GT2B and FS-GT3C works for me.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Flysky makes several different models of pistol grip transmitters. FS-GT2B and FS-GT3C use the AFHDS protocol. FS-GT2E uses the AFHDS 2A protocol which is newer. FS-GT2G works with either protocol. It is switchable from AFHDS 2A to AFHDS. I don't know if Martin's cars work with both Flysky protocols. HobbyKing sells transmitters which are compatible with Flysky gear. I'm quite sure that they are made by Flysky but branded HobbyKing.
HeliumFrog

Post by HeliumFrog »

We have been doing our very best to promote magracing to the wider community. We had a stand at the Gaydon Slot Car Festival on the 19th - 20th May. This is a 2 day event and the largest in the UK and was the first time we had shown off the cars running around a small rally track to the general public.

There was a great deal of interest in the system and hopefully we can expand the community a little more with a few new members. Its a small start, but hopefully we can grow from here with a larger track and a few more car options.

It was also a great opportunity to test our cars running continuously for hours at a time on "Cruise control" We ran one of our chassis for over 2 hours on one battery! at the end of the day it was still OK. I did a little preventive maintenence on Saturday night (cleaned out the back axle and applied a little oil). And it ran for another day without issues. I am really impressed with the battery lasting that long!

We have also been working on a simpler method of making the track which seems to be the first thing that people ask. This is using some taped shim steel. More details soon.

Ned

Post by Ned »

Good news Martin.
emiliano

Post by emiliano »

Hello Martin! There’s anything extra that you can share about the new batch of cars? They look incredible.

Regards
HeliumFrog

Post by HeliumFrog »

We have released a new batch of Adjustable chassis for sale on ebay. This enables the conversion of standard slot car bodies to the magracing system.

There is lots more information on our website on dimensions, setup and fitting of the body.

http://www.magneticracing.com/cars/s001 ... assis.html

The ebay Item is as follows:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113606897667
goatdope

Post by goatdope »

My portable scale 1/4 mile oval motordrome has been in storage for 2 years. Have 13 stockcars of 70s vintage that use the original chassis. will set up this summer . Excited about the new S01 adjustable chassis.
HeliumFrog

Post by HeliumFrog »

We have just placed another batch of chassis of ebay for sale. There have a few improvements over the last batch. Firstly the rear axle has full roller bearings. We have also changed the gear ratio a little. This all adds up to a car that performs a little better.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-Adjusta ... SwVLVdD9h0
goatdope

Post by goatdope »

Hello "mag racers" My scale 1/4 mile oval motordrome has been in unheated storage for 2 years. the 4 modular track sections have had no visible distortion. only the grass infield in the very center of the oval suffered a little warping. The track is set up in my back yard under a 20' by 10' portable enclosure. I was able to power up the cars and start racing with no preparation except brushing off the track. I was both happy and relieved how well the track performed after 2 years of storage. sadly the same cannot be said for the cars. All 13 cars along with pistols and batteries have been stored in the loft workshop of my garage. temperature never went below 32f or above 90f . checked the charge on 10440 batteries every 6 months. Have a lot of trouble with electrical continuity in powering up the cars. some trouble with control pistols. wondering if the 3-4 year old batteries are at the end of their life. The most troubling fault is 4 cracked pinion gears which either bind up on the spur gear or simply spin on the motor shaft. Have had 4 long practice sessions with as many as 4 drivers. Making some progress with discipline. However, we have yet to complete a 10 lap race without 3 out of 4 cars spinning out. We have had some horrible crashes. I have installed soft foam over the bumpers of the running cars. The first generation chassis do not tolerate much abuse. I plan to keep the track set up as long as possible outdoors. Hopefully my equipment will last long enough to find enough decent drivers to put on a show. Still haven't had a "genuine" stock car driver try this out but there is one in the next neighborhood. Are there any pinions left in old chassis parts stash ? Does the new chassis motor use a .062 shaft? Will be ordering some new chassis soon. Ken
WesR

Post by WesR »

Hi Ken, Good to hear of your continued interest. I can't offer much advice re. old cars as all mine are now converted to 2.4g but I do have some motor pinions if that will help. If you can confirm your address, I will send them. Regards Wes