My 2007 Porsche 911

Show us your cars
Ned

My 2007 Porsche 911

Post by Ned »

Here are a few pictures of my 2007 Porsche 911.

I purchased the new SCX PRO slot car body from pbandjimm on ebay. The body is modeled after the car driven by Frank Biela in the 2007 Porsche Supercup at Nürburgring. Thanks to Keld for providing the info on the year, driver, and track.
I had to remove some of the interior of the body and devise a way to attach the body to the modified chassis. See photo below.

This body uses the same modified chassis as my 1967 Chaparral 2F. For info concerning how the standard mag chassis was modified, see
http://www.magracingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=551

The body with the 3 mounting magnets weighs 19 grams, which is 7 grams more than my painted stock McLaren M8A vac formed body. I expect this Porsche 911 to perform as well or better than the Chaparral 2F, since they use the same chassis. But the Porsche body is lighter and probably has a lower center of gravity, both of which should give the edge to the Porsche. Won’t be able to check performance until we get some warmer weather. :)
rex craemer

Re: My 2007 Porsche 911

Post by rex craemer »

you had the luck that it is exacly the same wheelbase? hold the body centered while driving, or moves it to right and left in curves? and what weight it is the weight together with the chassie without akku? my ,,nsr,, body has a weight of 20 gramms, and the complete car, without akku has 68 gramms.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

ned, i saw that your frontmountingmagnet is right in front of the guidemagnet you have to see that the magnet is mounted in the right directon. it has to pull the guidemagnet not to push it. if its wrong the car will not run straight, or in worst case, runs out of the wire on straights. i drive some cars with only one magnet in the middle at exactly this place, where your magnet is. and if it is the right direction, and you have bad luck, you have to much magnetpower to hold the guidearm straight if the two sidemagnets are installed too. the car will not have enough steeringpower to take the lanechanges correkt. the centermagnet is good to reduce frontendshimmy, because you have the most magnetforce in straight position of the guidearm. some heavy cars i drive with all 3 magnets, but i installed greater magnets at the steeringcoil too. you have to figure out what combination works well. its a little bit tricky. hope this information will help you to get success. magnetic wishes markus
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

p.s. i saw on your fotos, that the wheels are alltimes turned with mounted body. so i am afraid it is the wrong direction. if it is turn the magnet upside down and it will work i hope.