My test track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
oldslotracer

My test track

Post by oldslotracer »

I finally got my batteries on Wednesday, so after a quick charge, I ran out and tested the one corner I had done. Of course it was too tight...why would I listen to Wes about minimum radius?

It's just a 4 ft x 8 ft test track, but as usual I tried to cram too much into it. So today I re-routed the slots for the wire. I ended up squeezing most of the corners to get as big a radius as possible. One corner is still too tight, but usable.

The glue I used to hold down the wire cures in 24 hours, but I was driving on it after 30 minutes!
Who's got time to wait around for glue to dry?

This system is everything I'd hoped and more! I've only put in 3 switches, but they work flawlessly.
You can fishtail coming out of a corner, overcook it and the car will spin, but if you get it just right, it will do a 4 wheel drift through the big corner.
There's a perfect balance between speed and traction on bare MDF, I'll get some paint on it tomorrow and see if anything changes.
I'm pumped! Can't wait to get more cars running.
All I gotta do now is sell the guys on it. This won't replace our regular slot racing, but I see it as something we'll run at the end of the night.
oldslotracer

Re: My test track

Post by oldslotracer »

http://youtu.be/hhspAOcM1X8

hope this works...
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

http://youtube/hhspAOcM1X8

can't get it to work, sorry
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Hi Luf
great to see one more driving

as I wrote earlier, press one of the Youtube bottons and between the tags ] [ insert the link from youtube

choose between youtu.be and youtube.com buttons

/Keld
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Very cool video. Can not wait to see a completely landscaped targa track...
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

I think you car runs very smooth, is it out of the box? or what did you do to improve it?
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Thanks for fixing the video links.
The car is unmodified...did I get lucky?
I've got a second car coming, so I can compare.
Had a little problem with the batteries, car wouldn't run until I charged them, but one battery showed a green light and the other was red. I switched them in the charger, still the same thing. I left the red one in the charger for over an hour before it went green, but now they both seem to be working.
I've ordered extra batteries.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

If you get lucky, yes I will say, because we all get lucky to try this fantastic magracing.

I had some wheels not 100% round, but a run on sandpaper helped a lot, so now i control all wheel on all cars to make sure they are equal.
better safe than sorry ;)
It looks like you have a little more grip than I do, or you're hand is better controlling the car.
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

I got the test track filled and painted today and everything works as before, except the traction is a bit better.
I'll post another video when my second car arrives. Here's a short clip from today...
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Looking much better with some color on it, I still missing the green.

As I talk to Kai about it is also important to make some signs where the lane change / racing line are, its easy for us builders to remember the spot, but almost impossible for guest to know.
/Keld