Where to buy battery and charger

Keld
Administrator

Where to buy battery and charger

Post by Keld »

battery.jpg
battery.jpg (7.36 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
The Trustfire 10440 batteries can be bought here from Hong Kong, I normally get them in 3-4 weeks after ordering.
chargera.jpg
chargera.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
chargerb.jpg
chargerb.jpg (5.64 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
The Charger can also be found here with US plug
chargereu.jpg
chargereu.jpg (7.16 KiB) Viewed 22915 times

and here with EU plug
chargerc.jpg
chargerc.jpg (7.3 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
/Keld
Keld
Administrator

Re: Where to buy battery and charger

Post by Keld »

Charger + others ordered January 2. arrived today :)
/Keld
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Hi All, I took a gamble and bought 3 of this item "4 10440 Battery + AA AAA 14500 Rechargeable Charger US" from greenforcecells on Ebay. All turn out well $11.58 cents each set shipping included, but they did take 3 weeks to get here. I am getting about 1 hour run time, they are labelled as 600mah. I also found a way to get 3 chargers pulled into one outlet.
Attachments
Chargers.jpg
Chargers.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 22845 times
Ebay batteries.jpg
Ebay batteries.jpg (34.36 KiB) Viewed 22845 times
JMR

Post by JMR »

Hello
Another charger for 4 accus
Attachments
chargeur.jpg
chargeur.jpg (131.03 KiB) Viewed 22786 times
JMR

Post by JMR »

Bonsoir
voici les nouveaux chargeur et les batteries reçus de chine
Hello
Here is the new charger and the battery received from China
Attachments
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG (127.46 KiB) Viewed 22740 times
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG (156.66 KiB) Viewed 22740 times
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Well a lesson learned again in life. Don't buy the cheap product... After much confusion and concern please do not buy the batteries and chargers from Green Force Cells on E bay. It looks like more than 3/4's of the batteries bought from them have failed. The symptom is after being charged up (green light on steady) the battery will last 1 to 3 minutes and start to twitch the steering and sometimes stop and start the motor erratically. It seems that once the battery starts to do this it is toast. If you measure the voltage they all seem to be about 4.2 when charged (which is normal) and 4.1 when malfunctioning.
Yup only .1 volt difference, but when put under the load of a 6 volt light bulb the battery quickly drains (a few seconds to 1 minute) to 3 volts. A good battery will light the same bulb for a several minutes.
Caution! It looks like you don't want to drain these Li ion batteries to low, I took one down to 0 and it is damaged now. It won't charge to more than 3 volts and has no power.
So some questions, has anyone else had more than the odd one fail? These worked great at first (one hour plus run times) and then just failed.
How do you manage your batteries? Do you charge them just before racing? Leave them on the charger? Charge right away after they are used? Let them cool between charging and use (they only seem to get warm when they malfunction anyway)

I'm going to buy the recommended Trustfire brand and see how it goes. The warranty is replacement, but I'm not sure I want anymore of them.

Hope the info helps,

Paul
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I ordered replacement Trustfire batteries from Manafont and received them yesterday. The service was great as Keld had mentioned. But I charged and tried them last night only to find that the positive contact is not magnetic! Maybe stainless steel? Anyway the body of the battery is much more magnetic, so it disconnects and falls out of the bottom of the car.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Paul
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

no never, but i tried once that the battery in the car has moved (it is not glued) and then the battery fall out
/Keld
SlotCarRental_com

Post by SlotCarRental_com »

Are they non magnetic, or did the previous "bad" batteries heat up so much that they erased the magnetic strength from the magnet in the car?
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I tried all of the twenty batteries that I just received and they are all the same, testing with a couple of different magnets.
The results are the same.

Paul