Social media

Here we post news from MAGracing.
prime05

Social media

Post by prime05 »

Wes,
Just wondering if you had considered making a Facebook page or Twitter account to promote Mag Racing? I especially think Facebook could really help get your name out there for free.
WesR

Re: Social media

Post by WesR »

Thanks for the suggestion. BY coincidence, I did this today! Probably will try adverts also
when I get the hang of Facebook. Regards to all
prime05

Post by prime05 »

Sweet. Goodluck. I'm in the middle of building my second track. Will post pictures when I get a chance.
prime05

Post by prime05 »

Liked the facebook page today. Very nice. Another thought I had that could possibly make things easier, as far as track design goes, is posting some layout designs. I know my first try at a track (and I think a lot of people on this forum are the same way) was way over zealous. I had lane changes everywhere and corners that didn't work. My new track I'm building is much cleaner with lane changes in the corners and the front straight only. Maybe some designs at different sizes and give people a little better idea of how the system works.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Our website does show some simple designs and I will attach early pics. of the small starter track
recently built which show the wire layout. This track embodies all the necessary features needed
to learn to drive and I still think that it would benefit everyone to build this track first before starting on anything more complex. Whilst I appreciate that everyone likes to try out their own ideas, I am dissapointed that no one has so far really built a track suitable for racing and using all the features we have developed in 4 years of racing. Two crucial features are racing line routes on every turn of, say, more than 45 degrees and a default route which runs wider and which penalises drivers who are not steering the cars. The small track shown has a quick right/left combined racing line and lane changing. See video of this track.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Images of starter track
Attachments
Mini track 015 (640x480).jpg
Mini track 015 (640x480).jpg (197.41 KiB) Viewed 19625 times
WesR

Post by WesR »

And another!
Mini track 009 (476x500) (4).jpg
Mini track 009 (476x500) (4).jpg (163.75 KiB) Viewed 19625 times
prime05

Post by prime05 »

The video and pictures of the starter set definitely helped me to see what I had done wrong. I was thinking you cold advertise that one pack of wire and lane change pieces is enough to build that layout. Then, two packs could make some type of L shaped layout or something. Sort of similar to how slot car sets have the layouts that are possible with the track pieces that come with the particular set on the back of the box.