Howe to sense?

before a track could be used for serius racing and not only for practice, there must be a lapcounting system.
Lasp

Howe to sense?

Post by Lasp »

Howe far is the lapcounting system?

And what do I need to read the signa?

I will read the blink code provided by the down pointing LED's of either MAG-Racing, Carrera Digital or SSD (Scalextric).

Is it a protocol and what sensor is needed?

Want do anything moore before I can count Lap and set up for PitLane driving.
Nor Cal Mike

Re: Howe to sense?

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Lasp,

Didn't Luf say that Daniel Groux of Trackmate in BC Canada built a timing system for him and said he could build more of them for others? As I recall, there even was a price quote. If so, you can purchase the timing system that you want right now. I suggest that you go back and review Luf's posts here to find the one I refer to.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Hi Lasp, Our prototype counter seems to be working ok now but there is still work to do
to productionise it. Our electronics man has quoted £1200 (1300 euro) for 6 sets and we
would still need to make track housings. Quantity production would be much cheaper but
unfortunately sales at present do not justify this.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I have ask Yuu erlyer about the protocol for IR transmitter.

In my test I can see it is slightly different then the Carrera Digital.
But I will try too find my own way then ;-(

What we need is just a encoder for each lane where the cars is passing on a streight place.
In first place, only the Id is needed, then you can send Id + time on a seriell way.
Whit USB or Bluetooth you then can take in to a regular multi slot racing program suchs as UR3 or PcLapCount.

Ther are more sofistikated (and more expensiv) but I will start there. Why reinvent the wheel?

Correct me if Iam wrong!
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Yes Mike, Trackmate makes a MAGracing counter. It is a modified version of the transponder R/C system that he sells. I have a 4 lane version and paid $300.00 CAD, stock it has 2 lane sensors. Easy to set up and runs nice.
Lasp I think Keld had one made for him. I think there was some discussion on how it functioned.

Paul
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Lasp
We use LapMaster, that also works for digital slotracing, you can visit me one day and see and test it.
/Keld
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Thanks!
Soon it will be time for a visit in Köpenhamn.
Are in old Cristiania just now Oslo ;-)
WesR

Post by WesR »

Lasp, I have asked for the information you need but so far no reply. Sorry about this.