My third track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
oldslotracer

My third track

Post by oldslotracer »

Our last track was a test of different ideas, some worked, most didn't. Also, it was possible to run an entire race without steering, which made it a bit easier for guys new to the system (i.e. everybody).

This new track will require steering at each corner, or you'll be going the long way. There will be more passing, more run-off room, and no elevations. Elevations looked nice but if someone stopped on a hill, it was tough to get moving again.

There will be a LeMans style start, and most of the track will be 2 lanes at 4" centers.
It will consist of 4 sheets of 1/4" MDF, 4ft x 8ft and will still fit on top of our slotcar track or out in the back yard when the weather's good.

Got the first sheet routed today...

Joel, LeNoir

Re: My third track

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

So at the speed you finish tracks I guess we will see video tomorrow.

Looking good......
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

The first sheet is wired and tested. Default is the long way, and cars follow the wire, even at these shallow angles (it would be a good place to give someone a nudge, though)

Lasp

Post by Lasp »

This looks like a real magracing corner !
Thats the way of example i want to see from the formerly OSR! Now MR Luf. Thanks from Lasp
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

That's interesting Luf, so you are not using any lane change plates and have multiple racing lines. Could you show us an overall drawing of the track and detail of how you are doing the lane changes?

Looks very cool,

Paul
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

The lane change plates are there, they just didn't show in the picture...

Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Thanks for the close up photo Luf, the router looks like it makes it easy to install the lane change plates to the correct height.
In the corner you have three lane change plates the first is a lane change and then two racing lines, that's neat and if you miss one you will be delayed a fair bit.

Thanks for sharing,

Paul
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Got 2 more sections routed today. Can't wait to try the LeMans start, I like the chaotic start of the old days...

Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I can see it can be problem for the Alfa! But thats a part of racing, a clean and calm head at the driver!
Nice MR Luf.
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

The LeMans start is neat, love to see video of a race start! Thanks for the photos.
Paul