TRACK PLAN

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
JMR

TRACK PLAN

Post by JMR »

hello
Here are some examples
Attachments
piste magracing-Model3.jpg
piste magracing-Model3.jpg (81.26 KiB) Viewed 17074 times
piste magracing-Model2.jpg
piste magracing-Model2.jpg (77.31 KiB) Viewed 17074 times
piste magracing-Model1.jpg
piste magracing-Model1.jpg (88.43 KiB) Viewed 17074 times
Keld
Administrator

Re: TRACK PLAN

Post by Keld »

looking good, the 2. one looks a bit like the one I am building right now.

the lane change/raceline changes, it looks like they are really close together, be careful you need more than 10 cm between them to be able to choose.

what is the size?
/Keld
JMR

Post by JMR »

Track plan n°1 6100 mm x 2500 mm 5 panel mdf alveolar 38 mm 1220 mm x 2500
Track plan n°2 6100 mm x 2500 mm 5 panel mdf alveolar 38 mm 1220 mm x 2500
Track plan n°3 5580 mm x 2040 mm 6 alveolar flush door 930 mm x 2040 m x 40mm
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I most say that I like#3 I guess is clockwise!
But for the first track nr 2 is best.
JMR

Post by JMR »

Yes they are all in a clockwise direction
PDX Bryan

Post by PDX Bryan »

Thanks for posting the track plans!
When a racing line comes very close to the inside lane in a corner, is it possible that the car will move to the lane that you did not intend to follow?
Thanks,
Bryan
JMR

Post by JMR »

hello
If we respect a spacing of 10 mm between the 2 line racing, the car stays on its path
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Agree with JMR, if you leave 1/4" it is not likely that car will shift lane. More likely that a car traveling too fast could leave inside lane and catch the outer wire.

I feel that for this reason any lane changes need to be be done while car is traveling straight and the faster the speed at that section of track the more gradual the lane change needs to be.

Height of the magnet is very critical to getting the cars to follow the line and change lanes correctly.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Raudi1 you're right, and we most also be careful with placing the lane change to close after a corner.
I have one l.c. 12 cm after a corner, and if we are to aggressive with the acceleration the car can sometimes take the lane change because the car is fishtailing.
/Keld
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Yes Keld, we too had a similar issue with a lane change just after exiting a corner. For the same reason it can be hard to place a lane change in the middle of an esses for example.

One thing I feel very strongly about is the need for run off area, where a car leaving the wire does not block the racing lanes. You notice that in most of the videos showing more than three cars running, that lack of adequate run off area results in one car spinning and blocking the racing line for following cars. This has been then case for the history of slots by necessity.

While it may be ok to block an overrun or catch wire the other cars should be able the continue on without being impeded by a car trying to right itself to re enter the course. With reverse now there should be minimal track calls and fewer pile ups, especially at any commercial layout the size of those illustrated above. This alone will set this type of racing way ahead of slots. Crashing now carries its own penalty.

I notice a lack of activity on the forum. Perhaps others are awaiting the return of their cars with reverse added. I'm also interested in them added braking effect that seems to accompany it.