My McLaren

Show us your cars
Nor Cal Mike

My McLaren

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

I haven't yet finished my car but here is what I have.
I added some additional detail on the rear panel by cutting air exhaust ducts from styrene plastic. I colored it in with a black felt tipped marker. From the looks of the photo I should maybe apply another coat. I painted the windscreen black with spray laquer paint to emulate the dark tinted windscreens of the real cars. It is a poor substitute for clear though IMHO. A suggestion to Wes is that in the future, he switch to clear plastic on the McLaren cars to allow a clear windscreen. It isn't necessary on the other cars.
Mike
Keld
Administrator

Re: My McLaren

Post by Keld »

Nice Mike, I bought decals to the cars from Pattos Place in Australia, 5 days after they was here in Europe.
I just looked earlier today at the blue print for the car to find out where the holes are, but you made the correct.
/Keld
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

btw. the wind screen looks right
the picture is from 2006, my youngest son Frederik in the Lola T165
the picture is from 2006, my youngest son Frederik in the Lola T165
t165frederik.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 19381 times
, compared to this one on this photo
/Keld
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Looks good mike. I got 2 McLaren coming. Now we need some wheel inserts!!!!!!!!

1/32 slotter. correction ....... 1/32 magracer..
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

My first 2 McLarens are ready, this is only for the test track, I have the intention to build 2 new ones with the correct color and decals and clear coat later.
But I need some cars for promotion here in Denmark
Attachments
mclaren2012.jpg
mclaren2012.jpg (82.71 KiB) Viewed 19381 times
/Keld
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Hi Keld,
I like the detail that you added to the wheels and along the sides of the intake stacks. Little things like that make the car much nicer. I am inspired by the blue one with the white stripe that you posted. When my second McLaren arrives I may do it that way.
As of today, I am STILL waiting for a proper charger to charge my batteries. But with the Christmas season over, perhaps the mail catch up. My adult children left yesterday and life now is returning to normal here in my little corner of Nor Cal. Perhaps I can now make some progress done on my track.
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

My charger finally arrived today. I received a second McLaren about 5 days ago. One of my batteries doesn't seem to want to take a charge. The red charge light doesn't go off on that battery for some reason. So I am still one battery short of what I need to run both cars. I added some sheetrock topping compound to the corkscrew section of my track. That didn't go as well as I had hoped. I will provide details in the track building section. If the fill is dry enough tomorrow, I may be able to do some testing! That isn't a sure deal as my shop attic is rather cold right now.

Mike