How wide do you wanna go?

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
Oldgoat

Re: How wide do you wanna go?

Post by Oldgoat »

Lasp ,
No need to say sorry, I just thought you misunderstood what we were refering to. Like I said the size of track all depends on what you have to work with and what works for you. Like I said before , I have not had the desire to go out in my garage that is below freezing most of the time to work on the track till the spring weather gets here in about a month.

We all have to do what we can with our space, access, money and time. and try and help ALL new members of forum with any questions they have.

:klap Chris

If you have not noticed, everyone on this forum have shared many great ideas and have come up with many great solutions to minor problems some of us are having?

:D
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Agree w/oldslotracer that we ended up with 4" spacing in corners to allow passing with some drift by inside car. Overall track width at present ended at 8.5-10" with runouts to about 12" in some hairpins. We have tried to leave at least 7" between outside wire and edge of layout so cars do not block track if they leave wire.

While this is still narrow compared to "scale", it does allow the appearance that cars are moving from side to side on a racing line. We'll have to leave the 14" wide tracke to hobby shop owners who are able to build layouts larger than a couple 4'x8' sheets of MDF.

Will include some early photos as soon as kuipo provides me w/technical advise on attaching same.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I now I have to rebuild. But I enjoy it very mucht.

Here is a picture with raceline hard to see the line but when i fill the slot before painting it.It groowe some corrision, so it will be able to follow the line.
RaceLine Lasp.JPG
RaceLine Lasp.JPG (42.76 KiB) Viewed 6262 times
It will only be better ;-)