PacNorthwest Raceway

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
Kuipo

PacNorthwest Raceway

Post by Kuipo »

Raudi1 and I finally got our track up and running for an afternoon inside. Got around to making a video. We have almost 200 pictures of the creation process if anyone is interested. Keep in mind this is still an initial layout, but we thought we had something good enough to show finally.

Raudi1 has been pestering me to post something so here it is.

We've learned a lot and will continue to work on the track as we race on it and see how racing on it pans out.
Hope you enjoy!
maxmercy

Re: PacNorthwest Raceway

Post by maxmercy »

I like the trees and guardrails and color scheme.....I bet when you guys get reverse working with the new mods the tracks will be Marshall-free!

JSS
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

very nice and clean scenery, I really like that. :yes

And a nice little banked curve in the far end, that remind me of a old slotcar track Kai (a member here) had in his basement years ago. the banked curve helps keeping up speed into the straight, I will have that too........ :thumpup

just one thing, a tree on the track without safety around, that was many years ago. :think
/Keld
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

A good morning,
a Wake up kiss of my vife,
a varm cup of coffea,
the newspaper, the sun is shining!
Cood it be better?

Yeas!

A very good video with two racing cars!

Thanks Kuipo. I want one more Video, from an angle litttle bit higher up down to cower the hole track!
Thanks again ewen to RaudiOne
sincityslotcars

Post by sincityslotcars »

very nice!
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

Lasp wrote: I want one more Video, from an angle litttle bit higher up down to cower the hole track!
Yup, I have some footage from slightly higher. I'll make a video from it and we'll post that as well.
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Yes we have a few more trees and more guardrail to come. Wouldn't want the drivers boycotting our events over unsafe conditions eh.

Guardrail was made from 10/2UF electrical wire. Not sure if you have this in europe, but perhaps you have something similar. Each end was folded back around a screw drilled into the table top. Wire provides a stiff but flexible barrier and comes moulded in grey and copies the profile of Armco pretty well.
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Nice track, and I like the guard rail idea.