1/32nd vacuum formed bodies

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Barkhamrider

1/32nd vacuum formed bodies

Post by Barkhamrider »

I have just started to investigate 1/32nd vacuum formed bodies from Pattos Place in Australia, although a long way away from most of use they do produce excellent scale vac formed bodies, which look to be suitable for the MAGracing chassis, and do post around the world The initial investigation will be GT3 shells of the following.

1/32nd 2012 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
1/32nd 2012 BMW Z4 GT3
1/32nd 2012 Ford GT3
1/32nd 2012 Porsche 997 GT3

Their website is www.pattosplace.com

I will keep the forum informed on progress.

Regards
Nigel

P.S. Building will start on Pinewood Raceway first MAGracing circuit next weekend.
Nor Cal Mike

Re: 1/32nd vacuum formed bodies

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Watch out for width. Even though those bodies have bulbous fenders to fit big tires, they shrink in in the mid section to the original width at the doors. The current chassis is too wide to fit most of them. One of our members is currently working on an alternate resin cast chassis so that problem may be solved soon.
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

I'd be really interested in your results of some of those bodies. Yes please, keep us informed! :P
Erik M

Post by Erik M »

I was an avid fan of Bruce's work until recently.

His new bodies are vac'd on prototype prints and as he doesn't clean them up first these new bodies look like mackerels.

He says it wont be seen once painted. But at least I want my windows unpainted... And yes, it shows painted too.
tamar

Post by tamar »

Hello Magracers

Just joined as soon as I found this forum, been slotracing for 25 years, followed the developments of magracing and am seriously considering in buying a set just to try it out.
The reason is simple...this provides even more realistic racing tracks than digital ;) But before I'll do...I'll check all the posts on the forum

Anyhow... as for the topic of vacformed bodies....

you guys know of Milan Tomasek?

And for the US magracers...Milan is a fan of Daytona Prototypes

with kind regards
Tamar
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I would tend to agree with Erik about the Patto's quality, I have purchased a few bodies and would call them poor at best. The decals I bought were half tones (made of small dots rather than solid colours), not what I was expecting. Tamar, I have seen Milan's work his cars look great!, but will they fit the MAGracer chassis?

Paul
tamar

Post by tamar »

Double Naught wrote:Tamar, I have seen Milan's work his cars look great!, but will they fit the MAGracer chassis?
Considering that his chassis are all 62mm wide and he usually mounts his bodies with bodypins...they should fit the ground plate.
From what I've seen so far its preliminary the battery box on top of the Magrace chassis that determines if a body will fit or not.
Now I realise that the interest of quite a few members lies with "older cars" lets say pre 1980 but my guess is that more modern box shaped cars like the Dp prototypes, Gr C's and most GT's will fit as they are in general wider than 60 mm .

I saw that some guys bought a whole bunch of GT3 bodies from patto's, give or take a few mm but if a Patto's GT3 Porsche or SLS will fit most likely those from MTR will do so as well.

with kind regards
Tamar