Is anybody out there?

here the word is free (almost) if you would like to discuss real cars ore something else, but nothing that can offence people.
Ned

Re: Is anybody out there?

Post by Ned »

I took a break from magracing for a couple of years to work on some home improvement projects. Now I'm back to spending a lot of time on magracing. I think that Wes's idea is truly ingenious. As I see it, the main problem has to do with the implementation. Using the stock steering magnet and .70mm dia wire as recommended by Wes, allows for very little clearance between the wire and the bottom of the magnet. I have been using .81mm (.032") wire with the standard magnet, which allows for a little more clearance, and thus less precision when building a track. I suspect that .90mm (.035") wire would work even better. What size wire have the rest of you been using?
I'll post more later about some of my ongoing research and analysis concerning the relationship between the magnet, wire size, gap distance, and attractive force generated and needed to keep a car following the wire.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

I'm still in 0.7mm wire. But I can see that using larger wire can be easier to build. Might have to try.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

I'm also working on a revised steering geometri. Have a couple of ideas to try.
Racing Regards

Kim K.