MagRacing in public vs Slot vs RC

here the word is free (almost) if you would like to discuss real cars ore something else, but nothing that can offence people.
kiklo
Administrator

MagRacing in public vs Slot vs RC

Post by kiklo »

Hi all.

To spread the word and our hobby/sport we need it to be seen working.

Will MagRacing work in public - fairs, amusement-parks etc. ?
Or is it to hard to learn easily ?

Bring out the Pros and Cons :
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Re: MagRacing in public vs Slot vs RC

Post by WesR »

In my experience Kim, Magracing appears to most people to be a slower form of slot racing on a track which doesn't have any slots. The greater driving skills needed seem to frustrate many people who expect to pick up the controller for the first time and race and beat their friends without spending any time learning how to drive! The greater realism and driving skills are not appreciated by the public in general. Therefore I don't think that local demonstrations achieve very much unfortunately. Such events as corporate entertainment, where slot racing is often offered, would not be suitable for Magracing as the racing would be chaotic and all cars would need rebuilding afterwards!
I believe there is a market out there but I think it is initially worldwide and, with our limited resources, the internet is probably our only hope.
Firstly however, we need something to sell! More people than ever are looking at the Forum I think but they cannot take up the hobby if they cannot buy a car. A few people have tried to build their own car but I don't know of anyone who has succeeded yet.
The Forum has done a great job but it never set out to sell the hobby. All the cars were sold through the Magracing website with support from the Forum.
Can I suggest that, for the time being, until we have cars to sell, you might like to add an introduction to the hobby to your Forum with the best videos and photos and an explanation of the system. I would be pleased to draft something out for your approval if you wish. This would unfortunately probably result in even more frustrated members demanding to know where to buy cars from!.
kiklo
Administrator

Re: MagRacing in public vs Slot vs RC

Post by kiklo »

I see your point about novice racing.

I will make an introduction section to the forum. That can lead people in the right direction.

And I think we shall be generous about anyone wanting to offer 'anything MagRacing' in the forum.
Racing Regards

Kim K.