THE MagRacing receiver/esc.

Questions, Tips and Tricks about the transmitter, the electronics in the car etc.
kiklo
Administrator

THE MagRacing receiver/esc.

Post by kiklo »

I will use this thread to keep you up to date on development.

Just got a picture from China. This is a draft og the board.
Attachments
0_magracing-board.jpg
0_magracing-board.jpg (41.78 KiB) Viewed 7485 times
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Re: THE MagRacing receiver/esc.

Post by WesR »

I did not realise that you were making rx/esc boards Kim. I wish you every success with this.
Just one comment with braking, I finally got around to swapping the motor leads round, as Nick's suggestion, and have of course found my missing brake! I found that having to move the trigger forward was not easy however. Even on my
quite large track, I found it difficult to brake exactly before the turn and braking in the turn would lock the rear wheels and result in a spin as the brake is too fierce. The dynamic/automatic brake as on Magnetic's board is much better. It just needs to be adjustable or a little less fierce. I found it ok for my slightly heavier 1/24 cars but too strong for my 1/32 cars.
Ned

Post by Ned »

I tend to agree with Wes concerning a braking system for Magracing. I think that brakes that are automatically applied when the trigger position is returned to neutral, while the car is moving forward, would be ideal. The amount of braking should be minimal or adjustable for each car or each transmitter but not adjustable for each application, that is to say, not adjustable during a race at any instant in time. The amount of braking that can be applied without skidding is partly a function of the friction between the rear tires and the track surface. With very smooth slippery hard plastic tires, there is very little friction and thus nearly any braking will result in a skid. Some people use rubber tires of various hardness. Some might use silicone. Some tracks may be slippery while others may not be. Some cars may be heavier. Thus, it's best for the degree of braking to be adjustable. Automatically applied (dynamic) braking would probably be much easier to use. That’s what I’d recommend.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

An adjustable is the way to go, if possible.

And yes at neutral is easier.

Have to find a way to implement it.
Racing Regards

Kim K.