Trackmate questions...

before a track could be used for serius racing and not only for practice, there must be a lapcounting system.
franjy

Trackmate questions...

Post by franjy »

Hi guys, I am interested to get this lap counter, but I have some questions:

- Wich is the best place to fit the sensors, before the grid line or after it?
- Have it an USB connection, or serial port only?
- Do any of you have a video about it works?

Thanks!
vmibert

Re: Trackmate questions...

Post by vmibert »

Hello franjy!

I bought Trackmate and I have installed it in my track layout (see the Track Building Section - Stow Away Tables!)

I am still building my track but I did build a short test section with the sensors - just to understand its operation.

Here is what I discovered:

1. When each car crosses the sensor for the first time, the counter then counts that "event" as "zero" and then starts counting laps and time from there.

2. Given that the first sensor count is "zero" - I installed my Trackmate sensors at the end of my starting grid. My original plans (which are also in the Track Building Section) have not been updated. I originally planned on putting the finish line just before the grid and the pit lane. If you look at some of the photos, you'll see where I've installed them, now.

3. The computer interface is RS-232 with a converter to USB.

I hope this helps.

It would have helped if the instructions included some of this kind of information.

And I had to check the orientation of the sensors as well.

I hope this helps.

I'm about ready to install my wire and lane changers - and then paint the track! I still have so much to do for my track - but when it is done - it will be really cool!

Sincerely,

Bert
franjy

Post by franjy »

Thanks a lot, vmibert, and congratulations! Your project is awesome.
Renngarage

Post by Renngarage »

Hi,
I just ordered the trackmate Magracing lapcounter - I hope it will shipped soon to Germany...
I first wanted to use my robitronic lapcounter I use for the Mini-Z RC-Cars, but due to the fact I have to store my track in parts in my garage, the trackmate system which is installed under the track, is the smarter solution. Otherwise I had to build a sensorbridge an install a transponder in every car. I also couldn't figure out, if the robitronic transponders are working well with just 1S power - so I thing trackmate is the way to go :yes
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

got a trackmate too, works perfect.