Car body wish list

Show us your cars
Joel, LeNoir

Car body wish list

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Hello all... Got all the wood for my new vac machine today. I am still about 3 weeks from being able to start vacing bodies but, I thought I would ask everyone what type of bodies you all would like. If you have a 1/32 die-cast, model, or slot car I would be able to mold it in silicone them make a resin master.

Like stated before I will be doing 1966-1974 Can-Am & 1977-1982 Group 5.

So lets see what you all would like. If there are enough interest I would be willing to do the work.

Side-note.... Would you prefer modified bodies that fit the chassis or true to scale with modded recasted chassis?

So tell me what you all think.....
Nor Cal Mike

Re: Car body wish list

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Count me in for true scale or at least as close as most of the 1/32 RTR cars use. It is well known that many of them have had some liberties taken but in most cases it was taken with some diligence. If you take an average body and make it short enough and wide enough to fit this chassis it will take on a Wompish appearance IMHO.
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

That is how I feel too Mike.... Would take a little longer to get a body/chassis kit done, but I believe the end result would be well worth it. After taking an ruler to my can-am cars I am finding out that I will only need 5 or 6 new chassis. A lot better than I first thought. And some don't need any modding at all.

So after I have 12 or so different chassis done it could turn out That I rarely need to construct a new chassis. But even so not the end of the world. I have done 3 different wheel base chassis so far and they only seem to take a few hours to complete and have them in silicone.
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Hi Paul,
Are all of your chassis still set up for the transverse mounted 10440 battery ? You can get by with it for many 70 and later Can Am nut it will be a problem for most Group 5. Maybe the Ferrarri 512bb is wide enough but I know the Zakspeed Capri's and Dekon Monza's (actually IMSA but close enough for me) are too narrow because I checked. I know you have heard me say this before but if you build a transverse battery box for a 16340 battery, all of these bodies will fit.

I have an MPC Porsche 917 K body here if you want to take a mold from but it is narrower than the Fly version. I have an older Carrera version of the Zakspeed Capri here that is a tad bigger and not quite as well detailed as the Fly version The lack of detail probably isn't an issue with vacuform since you will not get that detail anyway. One cool thing about it is that it came with a factory vacuform interior tray that could also could be recopied as well. I have a wide body mid 80's Jack Roush Trans Am Mustang here that I built myself from a 1985 Mustang kit. It was a stock 85 notchback that I added panels to and transformed it into a semblance of hatchback 88ish Roush car. It is a little wider than scale even for Trans Am so it may fit this chassis. I built it specifically to fit around 15X12 wheels hence the width. I will have to dig it out and check to make sure it fits the chassis. None of the others will go over a transverse 10440 battery though. You welcome to use any of those bodies if you want. I will post pics if you would like to have a look.

Mike
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Yes pic would be nice. Group 5 cars I have are

Fly Capri
Fly LANCIA BETA MONTECARLO
Fly BMW M1
MRRC Toyota Celica
CARRERA EVOLUTION DE TOMASO PANTERA
CARRERA EVOLUTION Ferrari 512 B

I have a few others to but would have to look. And this site http://ditech-produktion.com/html/resinbodies_1_32.html has all of the group 5 cars. I have so much money invested so far that I need to get some bodies reproduced before I get anymore bodies. But they are nice and not a bad price.

Joel
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Oh and chassis are basically still stock. Just shorter wheelbases.
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Joel,
I sent you a PM with some pics.
Mike
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

The Lola T165 will fit the MAGracing chassis ;)
In my 1/24 its 101 mm, that's 75,75 mm in 1/32
/Keld
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

That Lola T165 is a sweet ride. Is it available in 1/32 anywhere to take a mold from? If not Carrera's T222 version is readily available. It is a wide car so should it fit around the 10440 battery. Actually one problem might be that Wes's stock wheels would be dwarfed inside the HUGE fender openings on that car.