Lots of new bodies just arrived (New and old)

Show us your cars
Kuipo

Lots of new bodies just arrived (New and old)

Post by Kuipo »

So Raudi and I ordered a whole mess of bodies and they just arrived today. I can't tell if they will for certain fit yet because our cars are still off having reverse installed. I can compare them to the supplied bodies since we didn't ship those back yet. We have a mix of new and old. Most of them are modern GT3 bodies for now. Anyways, here's the pictures of the bodies:

Click for a larger picture by Kuipo

Click for a larger picture by Kuipo

I don't think some of them will fit when comparing them to my bodies. Here they are divided into two groups. The ones in the bottom left should fit. The ones in the top right look like they are too long to fit. All of them appear like they will clear the chassis though.

If anyone wants any close up of the cars, let me know. Here's the list of cars we ordered:
68 Matra 650 (2 1/2")
67 Ferrari 330 P4 Coupe (2 1/2")
70 Ferrari 712 CAN-AM
82 Lancia LC1 Gp6 (2 1/2")
82 Jaguar XJR 5

2012 Lamborghini Gllardo GT3
2011 Daytona Protype - Riley
2012 Porsche 997 GT3
2012 BMW Z4 GT3
1988 Porsche 962C
2012 Audi R8 GT3
2012 McLaren MP4-12C GT3
2012 Corvette GTE
2012 Frrari 458 GT3
2011-2012 Aud R18
Lasp

Re: Lots of new bodies just arrived (New and old)

Post by Lasp »

Its look promising!
From where and to Wath cost!
If you can find it because of the well guarded case
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

We ordered from http://www.pattosplace.com/
They're located in Australia, so shipping to the US cost quite a bit. That's why we decided to go with so many at one time (to cut down on shipping costs). The whole order was about 113$ USD. Sounds expensive until you realize we ordered 16 bodies (and received 18, they were kind and added a few extra's into the batch). So that's roughly 6~7$ a body with shipping included. Not a bad price at all.

Should keep us busy painting and decaling for quite some time haha.

Once we get the cars back we'll be posting better pictures of which fit and how much we had to fudge the wheelbases. Hopefully if anyone's interested in getting some bodies this will give them an idea of which ones will fit and which ones won't.
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Just an update on those that worked and ones that don't.

First those that work great. 68 Matra, 67 Ferrari P3, Porsche 997, Riley Daytona prototype.

Those that work if you fudge the wheelbase. Lancis LC1, jag XJR 5, Porsche 962c.

Those that will work if extend wheelbase about 10mm. Lamborghini Gilardo, BMW Z4, Audi r8 G t3, mclaren mp4, Corvette GTE, Ferrari 458, Audi r18, Mustang, Camaro.

The Ferrari 612 CanAm is just too small.

Because so many work with longer wheelbase we will likely modify one of our chassis.