Bright Lights

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Double Naught

Bright Lights

Post by Double Naught »

I was pondering what to do for the MAGJag lights and thought of this. I went to the parts bin and found some old LED's, they do run warm so I think a resistor is in order... Might we use the body mount magnets for connections? They don't go out when you wipe out but they do slow the car down. Night racing anyone?

Paul
Attachments
DSCN1206c.jpg
DSCN1206c.jpg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 10538 times
DSCN1207c.jpg
DSCN1207c.jpg (30.87 KiB) Viewed 10538 times
Keld
Administrator

Re: Bright Lights

Post by Keld »

Yes it had to come :-)

Rules of LED, use one resistor to each LED
your cars battery is 3,7 (4,3-3,2 volt) and the red LED will work with only 1,6 volt, the White and Blue need 3,2-3,6 volt

Why use a resistor to each LED, because there a better chance to have same power in each LED, if only one resistor to the 2 fronts you can sometimes see one LED work bad and not have the same light at the other.
/Keld
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Great idea guys. I like it! :thumpup
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

How are the lights working? If you add a gold cap you should retain the same power to the car.
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Sorry Joel, I missed this post. Keld is correct that we should use resistors with the LED's or they will burn out at 4.2 volts.
I don't think a capacitor would do anything other than keep the lights on for a minute after the battery died. I haven't spent any more time on them, but I'm sure they will work. Might be a lot of battery changes in night endurance racing though...

Paul