Where is my brake?

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
WesR

Where is my brake?

Post by WesR »

I now have several cars fitted with a Das Mikro 1s bidirectional brushed esc with break (I assume this means 'brake'!)
These work very well but I don't know how to get the brake to work.
The wiring diagram is attached. Maybe Kim would understand it?
Scan_20200618 (2) (640x493).jpg
Scan_20200618 (2) (640x493).jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
Ned

Re: Where is my brake?

Post by Ned »

Wes,
Assuming it's wired up correctly, try moving the trigger on the transmitter forward ( in the opposite direction) to engage the brakes.
Ned
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Yes or / when you have found your brakepower adjust with the trim to have that as a 'neutral' point.
Or try using the trim to find you braking power.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Thank you both, just been trying all possibilities again but no success. When a car is run and the trigger moved forward, it just locks up the rear wheels. I have tried every position of the trim but no difference. I think now that the brake is built in but is not effective enough. It's not possible to run a car without the brake so it's impossible to tell the difference.
The solder pads marked brake (break!) are just for a brake light I guess.
Some time ago I built a hill at the end of the main straight and this slows the cars ok! It's just that my car with Martin's (magnetic racing) board has just the right degree of brake and it's annoying that I can't achieve the same with the Das Mikro boards.
WesR

Post by WesR »

DSCF1044 (640x478).jpg
DSCF1044 (640x478).jpg (120.56 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
Pic. shows the inclined end of the back straight. I also took the opportunity of extending the run off area right up to the room wall. More 'off track' space is always welcome!