Cars : Which cars do you want to see produced.

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
kiklo
Administrator

Cars : Which cars do you want to see produced.

Post by kiklo »

I'm working on my RTR chassis and are interested to know what would be the car models most wanted.

F1 are out as there are not enough space to fit everything inside.

If you have a favorite and even know of where to get the body. Please make a reply and add link where to get it.
This would be of great help in pushing MagRacing on track again.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Re: Cars : Which cars do you want to see produced.

Post by WesR »

When I resumed my interest and started on 24ghz cars, I had to remake body moulds(and vac, forming machine!) and got as far as remaking the Porsche 908 and Ferrari 312 in 1/32 scale. I don't have stock of these but perhaps could be persuaded to make a few. Still have decals also. Also I have both these in 1/24 but no decals for these.
Ned

Post by Ned »

kiklo wrote: Fri 7. Feb 2020 14:16 I'm working on my RTR chassis and are interested to know what would be the car models most wanted.

If you have a favorite and even know of where to get the body. Please make a reply and add link where to get it.
Personally I like cars that were racing during the period 1965-1970. That’s probably because of my age. All of these cars are small. See the examples below.
IMG_20200211_144914(2).jpg
IMG_20200211_144914(2).jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 7674 times
I have purchased at least ten 1/32 scale bodies on ebay. Sometimes I have purchased the entire slot car, or slot car kit, and fitted the body to a magracing chassis I made using wheels, tires, axles, and gears from the slot car, along with other plastic parts, that I had 3D printed at Shapeways. Most of those above I bought on ebay, ready to run. Two I purchased from Lasp about 5 years ago. One body, #21, is a static styrene plastic model which I assembled and a friend painted. (I'm not fond of painting and decorating bodies.)

I prefer highly detailed and accurately scaled 1/32 bodies. I’ve never found large quantities of a specific body like these available for sale.
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

kiklo wrote: Fri 7. Feb 2020 14:16 I'm working on my RTR chassis and are interested to know what would be the car models most wanted.

F1 are out as there are not enough space to fit everything inside.

I like all type of race cars, but the cars from the seventies and eighties are my favorites, American and European cars. IMSA, Le Mans, Nascar, Old Fia Group 2 and Group 5.

I prefer 1/24, but 1/32 is also fine with me.