New MagRacing track

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
MagRacer

Re: New MagRacing track

Post by MagRacer »

Update.. almost finished with the layout..
web-track.jpg
web-track.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 19007 times
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Looks like a very smooth raceline and a very nice pit-lane.
Just be aware : you will need 6-8 mm spacing between parallel lanes Crossing lanes at very small angels is not easy, and any lane change will have to be at a the end of a 25-30 cm straight
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

For 1/32, I recommend a minimum of 6.5cm between straight parallel lanes and a min of 8cm between lanes on the corners. I agree with Kim that you need at least 30cm of straight guide wire leading up to a lane change, so that the car is going perfectly straight when it reaches the lane change. I suspect that the minimum crossing angle is about 30 degress, if you want it to be reliable without any steering input. Where the guide wires cross, create a gap just big enough for the crossing wire to pass between the ends of the other wires. It won't hurt if the ends of the wire touch the sides of the crossing wire.
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

My first test run, without lane changing.. I need to make some changes to my servo setup. That's next on the to do list.
I stopped using Lipo batteries and I am now using rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries. More child safe and have enough power for realistic speed.

Ned wrote: Wed 26. Feb 2020 13:13 For 1/32, I recommend a minimum of 6.5cm between straight parallel lanes and a min of 8cm between lanes on the corners. I agree with Kim that you need at least 30cm of straight guide wire leading up to a lane change, so that the car is going perfectly straight when it reaches the lane change. I suspect that the minimum crossing angle is about 30 degress, if you want it to be reliable without any steering input. Where the guide wires cross, create a gap just big enough for the crossing wire to pass between the ends of the other wires. It won't hurt if the ends of the wire touch the sides of the crossing wire.
Thank you Ned :-)
kiklo wrote: Wed 26. Feb 2020 09:42 Looks like a very smooth raceline and a very nice pit-lane.
Just be aware : you will need 6-8 mm spacing between parallel lanes Crossing lanes at very small angels is not easy, and any lane change will have to be at a the end of a 25-30 cm straight
Thank you Kiklo :-)
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Smooth ride, nice to see.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Looks very good. What is the wheelbase of your car? Are you using (4) 1.5 volt batteries connected in series to give you 6 volts?