Who needs ghost cars!

Here we post news from MAGracing.
WesR

Who needs ghost cars!

Post by WesR »

Thought I would try out my new camera recently in video mode and eventually got it working but one car didn't look too exciting so I tried two cars, then three and then four. ( that's all the cars I have - there seems to be a shortage at the moment!) Not sure how to post videos here but hopefully the link will work

Lasp

race cars

Post by Lasp »

Nice race Wes R And I agree with you, its very easy to run several cars on one handcontroller.
But the reason that I have ask You for the radioprotocol is to just relesed Ghost Cars.
I run some Ghost Cars at the Carrera digital track nad it should bee nice to doo something simular with MagRacing cars.
I belive thats is upcoming. :tung

It should be a post on the Ghost Cars at Wes R tread. ;-(
vmibert

Re: Who needs ghost cars!

Post by vmibert »

Wes,

Really neat! Thank you for taking the time to make the video and upload it! I can't wait to get my track done. I got more of the stainless steel wire laid down this past weekend. I end up using Super Glue (Gorilla Glue) to hold some of the wire into place - then covering the "cracks" with wood filler.

I do plan on making a cool video or two, once I get my track built. I have detailed photos of grandstands, a finish line tower, and I have guard rails (that are scale). I even have billboard signs I plan on placing all around the outer part of the track (to keep the cars from falling off the edge of the table) - just like on a real race track. I may even add trees - which would really make the track look realistic!

If you are ever looking for distributors for the U.S. - let me know! I might be interested.

Bert
WesR

Post by WesR »

Guess I posted this in the wrong place! Thanks Lasp and Bert. Re trees and scenery, the problem is that they get in the way when you want to drive back onto the track! I have scrapped my Targa track for this very reason. It was difficult to drive and cars were constantly blocking the track or unable to drive back on to it. It's a pity but you have to choose between trees and racing. Well, you can have trees outside the crash barriers or in the corners, as we have on Linford 2 but they need careful placing.
Lasp, I would like to help but I know nothing about electronics and our engineer is so busy I don't like to bother him
WesR

Post by WesR »

Bert, Are you really using stainless steel wire? We use stainless screws and nuts because they are non-magnetic!!
vmibert

Post by vmibert »

Wes,

Correction - not stainless steel!!! Just steel wire. And yes, I've tested the cars with the wire embedded in the track already.

Regarding trees - I was planning on putting them on the hill sides - between the barriers. I agree with you - that you don't want something blocking your race cars.

Bert
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

@wes, youtube, just press the youtube bottom* and put the link inside it :tung I did it this time :thumpup

*there are one for youtu.be and one for youtube.com

Code: Select all

[youtube_com]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtc97OrbjY[/youtube_com]

Code: Select all

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/EJtc97OrbjY[/youtu_be]

@Lasp, I moved it, next time just PM me, or delete the post asap
(@Lasp Jeg har flyttet indlægget for dig, sker det igen så send en PM til mig, eller slet den selv)

@Wes, you too, I moved it now :hmm
@Wes, I don't know any racetrack with trees inside the race area, yes it is possible on a slotcar track, but not on a real racetrack (magracetrack) :P
/Keld
WesR

Post by WesR »

Just testing my camera again and the Movie Maker program. Getting ready for some serious video when we start racing again. Car runs very quietly. All cars should be so quiet in future.

WesR

Post by WesR »

Sorry Keld, I put the link between the 'Youtubes' but still doesn't open?