5 Autonomous 1 chasing and Race CoordinatorDigital lapcount

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
kiklo
Administrator

5 Autonomous 1 chasing and Race CoordinatorDigital lapcount

Post by kiklo »

Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Re: 5 Autonomous 1 chasing and Race CoordinatorDigital lapco

Post by Ned »

Nice track and system. Also, impressed with the skill of the driver of the green car.
Would like more info on lap counter. Do you think it could be waterproofed, to avoid being damaged when installed in my outdoor track?
Jeee

Post by Jeee »

Ned wrote:Would like more info on lap counter. Do you think it could be waterproofed, to avoid being damaged when installed in my outdoor track?
waterproofing IR phototransistors does not seem rocketscience?
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

You will find RDC here : http://www.racecoordinator.net

Dave is still working hard to get the finishing touch. So the version on the download page is not the latest.

As for waterproofing, should not be to hard. Those few $ components needed are certainly disposable even if you scrap them once a year. I guess you bring your pc inside when not used ??

As for future plans - even the smallest Arduino LEO boards may be usable. At present we use A.UNO.
Have a look.

https://goo.gl/photos/fUndpUoUZ4Yu5GT19

Then we really can hide it away.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Well done Kim. Nice to see 6 cars running. I tried out your idea of pre-setting the speed by pushing the trigger into reverse when fitting the battery when videoing my 1/24 car. It took a few tries to get the speed right (there is a hill in my track!) but eventually it worked well.
steellynx

Post by steellynx »

Ned wrote:Would like more info on lap counter. Do you think it could be waterproofed, to avoid being damaged when installed in my outdoor track?
The lap counter is the one described here:
http://www.magracingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=265

And yes, as others have mentioned it should definitely be possible to make it water proof. When I designed the lap counter my idea was to have as little electronics as possible out on the track itself. Basically, it should be possible to only have the IR photo transistors on the track, everything else can be put safely inside a sealed box. That way you would only have to worry about the legs of the photo transistors, but some silicone sealant and/or heat-shrink tubing should take care of that.
Jeee

Post by Jeee »

WesR wrote:Well done Kim. Nice to see 6 cars running. I tried out your idea of pre-setting the speed by pushing the trigger into reverse when fitting the battery when videoing my 1/24 car. It took a few tries to get the speed right (there is a hill in my track!) but eventually it worked well.
Can you provide the technical info on how to control the cars? (as requested here: viewtopic.php?p=3402#p3402 )

Might be very easy for someone to create digital control of the cars which would be a nice feature I suppose.....
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I like this! Thanks for leting us take part of your adventure ;-)
I have grandchildren out at Nesöya, but I guess You live at the westcoast!
Looking forward to moore information. Maybye I start with MagRacing again! :P