the braking

Questions, Tips and Tricks about the transmitter, the electronics in the car etc.
JMR

the braking

Post by JMR »

HELLO
I received my two car with the reverse function.
After a trial use of the reverse during the race causes efficient braking.
I do not know if the receiver electronic board is for it.
Keld
Administrator

Re: the braking

Post by Keld »

better breaking :yes

that can be used, but again I think that the bad brakes compared to slotcar was great, I try measure the distance the car use for breaking and scale it up to 1/1 and that is pretty close.

But no doubt I will have the reverse on my cars too.
/Keld
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Yes, I was wondering about that. If you engage reverse at speed will it hurt the car. I have a 1/10 scale Traxxas and it has a reverse lock out, that reverse will only engage if the motor is stopped. Glad to hear it works!

Paul
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

So how does the reverse work? Is it a separate button on the controller/transmitter? It will be interesting to hear if the application of reverse will cause harm to the electronics in the long term. I would keep a pretty close watch on the heat build up in the receiver.
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Mike,

My understanding is that reverse is activated by moving the throttle trigger forward (see Lasp's post from last Thursday March 14 under Word is Free/ I get a Message). This clearly could be done while underway. At to it's impact on either the controller or the receiver guess we'll have to wait for an answer.
JMR

Post by JMR »

Hello
to activate the reverse movement must be as remote controls for RC car
marry the trigger forwards.
There is no security between the forward and rear walking
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

The braking effect is quite dramatic! Kind of neat, if you let the trigger go quickly you can get very heavy braking. Or just hit reverse and cause a skid! :shock: Or just gently slow down with no braking as it was before the change. It will take a bit to get used to but my first impression is good. I just have to remember that I have brakes... I haven't had to marshall a car yet, very nice. Thanks Wes! Now I just have to send the others in for upgrades.

Paul
WesR

Post by WesR »

Actually we did not ask for a brake in the reverse mod but we seem to have got one!
Although I must admit that it is not entirely consistent, i.e. some cars have a little
more than others. As Paul says, it seems to depend to some extent on how
sharply you let go of the trigger. Nice to hear you are pleased Paul.
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I am still testing, what I did notice was that the car did not seem to be consistent with top speed or braking. So I was looking at the car and noticed that there was something stuck on one of the battery magnets. I cleaned the magnet off and lost the brakes and gained the top speed back. I have been trying to replicate it but to no avail. Could a bad connection to the battery cause better brakes? The car would stop twice as fast. I can see it affecting the top speed... :think

Paul
JMR

Post by JMR »

Hello
I think the neutral position between forward and walking the ISSUER has a great importance.
My 2 cars are equipped with walk arriére.Il is a car that slowed more than the other when it releases the control gaz.Est it because of a return to neutral different?
When releasing the throttle suddenly you pass by a micro braking position before returning to the neutral position.
If you métrise this movement it can be very effective in the race.