Compatible Body shell list

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
HeliumFrog

Compatible Body shell list

Post by HeliumFrog »

We are just developing an adjustable saloon car chassis which will go up for sale soon and I was wondering if any of you you could suggest some bodyshells that might fit.

Width across outside of the tyres is 59.5mm
Wheelbase is adjustable between 72.5mm and 89mm.

Its the width really thats the issue so we need saloon body suggestions for wide body saloons that are available please. The chassis is taller in the middle as the PCB is above the battery and just below the window lower line, so no low Le Mans Group 6 type cars for this one (we have a separate adjustable lower chassis coming for those)

We have done the Lancia 037 (Ninco)
Image on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magneticracing/

and also a Porsche GT2 (Pro Slot) which fits well see below and has a real short wheelbase, but we would like a few more suggestions so we can try them out.

Ned

Re: Compatible Body shell list

Post by Ned »

I suspect that a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 body would fit, without the cockpit of course. Fly made one.
Attachments
IMG_20160910_174232R.jpg
IMG_20160910_174232R.jpg (573.54 KiB) Viewed 7344 times
HeliumFrog

Re: Compatible Body shell list

Post by HeliumFrog »

I have just completed a new car. Its a Team Slot bodyshell Renault 5 with the rally Diac livery. It fits on our soon to be released adjustable saloon car chassis. The front wheel arches are very tight on this one, so I completed the rear body mount first, then adjusted the chassis whelbase to get the front wheel so they just clear. The interir detail I had to modify quite a bit. I used a plastic card sheet and removed the legs of the passengers. Cut down the seat bottoms and roll cage. It seems to work quite well. The chassis sides are a little visible under the car, but I will see if I can modify the design on the production chassis so they are less prominent. I also think a little matt black paint will also help.