LMP Chassis

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Marlon

Re: LMP Chassis

Post by Marlon »

Hello Ned, very nice work on these chassis. With regards to guide magnet placement (not height i.e. relative to guide wire) in the chassis. From what I've read here it appears to be placed in-line with the front axle, any further forward and the magnet will lift the rear wheels off the track. Have any experiments been done to see what effect moving the magnet down the chassis has to handling/driveability?
Ned

Post by Ned »

The guide magnet is not placed exactly in line with the front axle. Actually, in the case of the original stock chassis, as well as those I've designed, the center of the magnet is about 0.155" in front of the center line of the front axle.
I'm not aware of any experiments concerning how the location of the guide magnet, fore or aft of the front axle, might affect handling. I suspect that the magnet could be moved forward 0.1" without lifting the rear wheels off the track.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Thanks for that info Ned. I'll have to do some experiments once I'm set up. Materials have been ordered and I'll start a new thread once I get going.

Thanks, Marlon.