bodies that fit the standard chassis

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Jeee

bodies that fit the standard chassis

Post by Jeee »

I understood that there are bodies that fit the standard chassis without modification. Maybe we can make a list of models that fit without changes? If you know one please reply here....
Ned

Re: bodies that fit the standard chassis

Post by Ned »

There aren’t many bodies that fit the original standard chassis.

The standard chassis with standard wheels has the following specs:
wheelbase 3.00”
front track 2.06”
rear track 1.91”
width of base frame 2.14”
length of base frame 4.07”
diameter of front tire 0.80”
diameter of rear tire 0.85”

Assuming a scale of 1:32 then the specs for the equivalent full scale (1:1) car are:
wheelbase 96.0”
front track 65.9”
rear track 61.1”
width of base frame 68.5”
length of base frame 130.2”
diameter of front tire 25.6”
diameter of rear tire 27.2”

Accurately scaled 1/32 models, of most closed-wheeled race cars with a coupe body style, and a wheelbase of 95” - 97” should fit the chassis pretty well except for the width of the frame and the front & rear track. Most cars with a 96” wheelbase are narrower, than what the standard chassis, with standard wheels, can accommodate. Of course the tracks can be decreased a little by reducing the width of the wheels/tires.

Wes has a chassis with a longer wheelbase for sale which few people know about. I suspect that it is the same width. If so, it will probably accommodate many more bodies than the original chassis.

By the end of this month I expect to have a narrower chassis for sale with a full scale (1:1) wheelbase that is adjustable from 88” to 108”. This chassis will fit many 1/32 slot car bodies.