car steering & use as rc

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Keld
Administrator

Re: car steering & use as rc

Post by Keld »

and that is absolute possible with magracing. :thumpup
and the speed here is lower than in slotracing, more realistic. :thumpup
But this car also loose the magnet grip in the wire if you drive to fast.

it cost almost nothing to make a lane change and you can make as many as you wish, so just make a plan for a track and think, how can I overtake?
I did made my lanechange only with wires not a lane change plate and there fore I can make the to almost no cost.

If the first car take the inner lane his speed will go down making the corner, but he has the choice just like whena f1 is blocking the inside in a race.
if he don't take the inner, the car behind can do it and force the first car not to take the best line in the corner, both cars losing speed here, but we have a overtake situation.

Later I will make a drawing showing what I mean.
/Keld
Ned

Post by Ned »

Actions like the one illustrated in the video are possible with magracing. You can build your track with as many lanes as you like but I would recommend a maximum of 3 plus a pit lane. You can incorporate as many lane change points in the track as you want. The only limitation is that you need about 18" of straight wire prior to a lane change point for the lane changes to be reliable.
The top scale speed of my cars is about 200 mph. The top speed around a tight turn on my track is about 100 mph.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

OK here is the drawing
on the first one you have a standard solution where 2 cars driving on the black line, the one behind take the yellow line to overtake and when they reach corner, the car in the outer lane can not take the fastest red line because the other car is in the blue and will make a collision where the outer lane car will be forced to leave the line (crashing)
Maybe the car from behind can overtake, but this is not for sure since both cars have normal turns and the overtaking on have a sharp turn.
magracingoutbrake.png
magracingoutbrake.png (23.2 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
On the 2. solution you bee sure if the secong car taking the yellow line it will make the overtaking since there are no space for the first car in the outer lane when the arrive to the corner.
magracingoutbrakestealtheline.png
magracingoutbrakestealtheline.png (26.81 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
/Keld
Trevor Allen

Post by Trevor Allen »

This is interesting, but should it be in track building instead!

:)
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

no not instead, but maybe there should be a new tread with these ideas in trackbuilding.
I have very little time right now but will look at it later
/Keld