magnet change

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
rex craemer

Re: magnet change

Post by rex craemer »

hi all magracers, i found out something very interesting new. i pushed out the sidemagnets and glued one of them in the middle of the frontaxle, right above the guidemagnet, so that they pull against the other. effect is, the highest magnetforce is, wen wheels are straight. so you eliminate the frontend shimmy complete. if you turn , you make the force smaller, so the steering is working much better. i think that would be interesting to wes, because its a general change to make the cars better.( and you only need one magnet. :hmm ) if it is to strong ,use spacers. hope it will work as good by you as on my conditiones.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

i found out this while working on my 1:24 cars. i am getting nearer to run them smooth, but its a lot of testing . the glue gets hard to slow :D greetings from cologne markus
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

best place is not above, in front of the axle. magnet flips there by itself, only glue in the middle.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

WesR

Post by WesR »

OK Marcus, I will try this tomorrow!
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hi all, on some cars i had to reduce the steering power, because they run out of the wire wen steering. took out one of the cardspacers at the steeringcoil and it works perfect. must say, i drive with 5x3 guidemagnets.