Can anyone please post a photo of the inside of wheel/tire?

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Nor Cal Mike

Re: Can anyone please post a photo of the inside of wheel/ti

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Kai, I think that you would find that most of us who would seek to make changes these cars, including wheels, are doing so not to make them go faster but rather to enhance their modeling aspect. If a person wants to run realistic appearing wheels, the easiest way to do it is to use a slot car type insert type wheel with the appropriate insert for the car. These are widely available in the slot car realm so why not make use of them here? I am hoping a tire maker will chime when he sees that there is enough demand for low grip tires that will fit a standard wheel. A 15X8 tire that would fit a Slot.it wheel would be a good place to start. I can buy Slot.it plastic inset type wheels all day long from a number of commercial outlets. They are cheap, take a wide variety of inserts and have far more than enough quality for use in these low powered, low velocity magsteer cars.
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

You took the words out of my mouth Mike. Speed isn't the need, just having the opitions there to enhance the over all enjoyment of the magracing.

thanks again Mike for putting my thoughts to understanding words.

Chris
Double Naught

Speaking of wheels...

Post by Double Naught »

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that the wheels are loose on the axles? They don't seem to move side ways but will turn with your hands. I'm guessing this is not a issue because of the low weight of the cars and low traction of the tires. Wes did you want them this way? I haven't read anything on the topic here on the board. I have had set screws come loose on slot cars and actually make the car seem very smooth and not much slower. Wes are the tires/wheels one mold? If so I think Wes said they are nylon so I'm guess you wouldn't be able to glue them.

Paul
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Someone did mention about possibly gluing the wheel if there is a problem.
Mike