Steering coil

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
prime05

Steering coil

Post by prime05 »

Wes,
I was just wondering if there was a reason for the steering coil to be staggered to the side bysides room for the rest of the electronics. I was thinking about putting an extension on the chassis at the front and moving the coil and steering magnets to the center. I have an open wheel body I think that would fit nicely like that.
Keld
Administrator

Re: Steering coil

Post by Keld »

I don't know, but I guess that the magnets placed in the middle can have so effect on the steering since they will have a little adhesion to the wire in the track. as I said I don't know it's a guess.
/Keld
WesR

Post by WesR »

The coil is to the side for space reasons. We wanted to start with a short wheelbase
chassis. Technically it would be better in the centre.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hello, i found something interesting .i had a little problem with the frontwheels.on straits the front was ticking right and left,and with high speed the curves worked one time and the next round i lost the wire at the same speed.i pushed the two magnets,right and left of the steering coil a few millimeters down.so i got a stronger magnetfield on the coil and the car runs straight and there is no more loosing the wire. i have not expect that is such a great difference but its incredible to see it. if any one has the same problem, try it and i hope this tip will help. greetings to all magracers markus
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Very good observations and exponation. :klap
Thats right. The two small magnets come up after the rewerse Idéa Just too hold the car straight!
I hops that you are satisfade with both the cars and the concept! ;-) :respect