LMP's

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
vance22

LMP's

Post by vance22 »

I'm wondering if any of the current Slot-it LMP bodies could be used over the 3 inch chassis. Would especially like to see the Drayson Loa and the Rebellion Lola...
Oldgoat

Re: LMP's

Post by Oldgoat »

:yes Like we said any body type can be made to work with Wes' system frames/cars. Just have to extend the WB and add realiztic wheels/tires to meet your race class like our old school narrow 60's wheels/tires vs. your WIDE LMP's running gear. This system permits many diff. ways to make your new hobby even more enjoyable and less expensive. Some members are even making their new frames to take all of Wes' gear but using slot wheels/tires.

So you are limited to your imagination and how creative you can be.

Chris :ugeek:
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

My post dissappear!
Use the four LMP thats are aviable?
Enjoy racing with friends .
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

:klap

Some of us want to do our thing and we might not have 100 friends close at hand to race with. So using the system and the lap counter to get your lap times to improve your runs and adapting other type/size cars to OUR hobby is what we are left to do, hell I havn't even built my track yet but I have done many other related things directed toward this hobby.

okay I will step down off my soap box now and permit others to have their say.

Chris :ugeek:
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Since those LMP's are wide bodies, the battery/ chassis should clear most bodies width wise if you stretch the wheelbase to suit the body. However the cross section at the upper front suspension crossmember is pretty high. You will likely find that it fouls the super low nose cowlings of most LMP's. You would have to figure out a way to drop the center section of the crossmember to make it fit. That would take some fabrication.

Mike
vance22

Post by vance22 »

Interesting. I'd like to give it a shot and see if I can do it. I have a creation Zytek that would be perfect.