Motor ?

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
tsmra

Motor ?

Post by tsmra »

I wonder if the armature could be rewound to get a little more power out of it for 1:24 and or heaver more detailed car use? Probably just be easier to find a slightly more powerful motor in the voltage range though. Just a thought.
Keld
Administrator

Re: Motor ?

Post by Keld »

We are using the Mabuchi 13 c-can motor to 1/24 scaleracing, it is not using so much amp. so I think the magracing electronic can handle it.
http://www.slotworld.dk/shop/motor_k_le ... fox_ii.htm
/Keld
simon

Post by simon »

1/24 are you going for 2 batt. 7,4 volt that would be fine
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

I am of the mind that maybe some of those motors meant as so called hop up motors for slot cars running on 12 volts that would be just about right for these slower cars at lesser voltage. Then there is the possibility of using brushless motors as are used in most of the RC world. But that would mean switching out the receiver /speed controllers for ones meant to run those motors. That is beyond what anyone here has done to date but we are all new at this. It is only a matter of time before someone takes the plunge. I think there are off the shelf parts out there in the electric RC helicopter or airplane world that has magsteer written all over them. We just have to figure out which ones.