sillage track

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
rex craemer

Re: sillage track

Post by rex craemer »

by the way, were is mara our newest member? i miss him. :hmm :hmm
WesR

Post by WesR »

The Sillage or BLST system does at least have a racing line but unfortunately the drivers do not have a choice when to take it. The car route is selected automatically! Also the cars cannot change lanes when another car is alongside so they cannot collide! Would anyone go to watch F.1. if a computer ensured that there were no collisions?!
David Caille bought a Magracer some time ago but I am not sure what he had in mind for it.
There was much activity on Slot Forum some months ago with people building their own Arduino based radio systems and cars. I never understood the point of this and it all seems to have ended now.
Good to see Marcus and Keld still writing enthusiastically about Magracing but the news from myself is unfortunately not good. You will all have noticed that this Forum has been very quiet, the reason being, I guess, is that we have had very few customers in the last 6 months. And when new people look at the Forum and see little activity, they are not encouraged to buy.
So the situation for myself is very disappointing. Also I lost a lot of money with the problem of the last batch of r/f modules being 70% unserviceable and the suppliers and the board manufacturers could not agree whose fault it was.
I still believe that the idea is good and that there are more people who would be interested if we could get to them but it needs major advertising and promotion to do this. The take up from existing slot racers and r/c racers has been disappointing. Most of our customers seem to have very little idea about motor racing and most of the great features of Magracing do not seem to be appreciated.
My only hope now is that someone will see a video and be enthused to take on the idea.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the 5/6 years spent developing Magracing. My problem now is to find something as interesting to do with my time but it is proving very difficult.
Sorry for the bad news and my apologies to our customers but I think that most have enjoyed their Magracing. I see no signs of anything better appearing so we have all been involved with what may be the best table top race system to be produced, even if it hasn't swept the world!
Regards to all, Wes R
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hi wes ,i cant believe what you are writing, very bad to hear. i hope the low activiti is while the summer, and the people do more outdoor activitis. i got somthing that will make you a little happier. i got a friend who works at a german sportschannel in tv. few weeks ago he drove the first time , and he was on fire. maybe we can make a little report in tv, cant say if it goes, but maybe. but i have to built a good looking track, because my basement is not the right place to make a comercial. he is in a high position in this tv channel and he is looking what he can do. i would tell this normaly wen its ready as a surprise, but i hope that this can make your feeling a little bit better. we have to reach more people to see it, and i am sure there is a lot of potential for magracing. dont give up wes we are at your side.i think its important to get easy to built tracks. 50% of the guys, that drove on my track are not so good in toolhandling. with ready to buy tracks it will be much easyer to to catch this guys. best wishes markus
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

i forgot something, wes you have to sell ready to run cars. there are much people who say ,,glue,, ? ,,paint,, ? o no thats to much for me. i know its more expensive but its a try i think. in our local rc shop is a guy who mounts and paint rc modells high end. he cant work so quick as he sells it very expensive. thera are guys, they want to spend money, but dont want to built anything.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

maybe we can get david in our boat . he sells the tracks, wes the cars, its a win win situation.