Stow Away Tables!

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
vmibert

Re: Stow Away Tables!

Post by vmibert »

Important milestone reached: I verified I could drive a MagRacing car up the ramp! Now I can move forward at full steam, ahead!

I've filled secured all of the boards and filled in all the cracks.

I also completed laying out the track outline. The next step is to lay out the race lines and lane changes for the rest of the track - then install the plates and wires.

Bert
Attachments
Table - with track layed out.JPG
Table - with track layed out.JPG (43.98 KiB) Viewed 16612 times
vmibert

Post by vmibert »

Slowly I turned . . . . . . step by step ..... inch by inch ...

I now have the race lines cut out - I just have to cut out the locations for the metal plates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0

Bert
Attachments
Track - race lines cut.JPG
Track - race lines cut.JPG (44.58 KiB) Viewed 16565 times
Trevor Allen

Post by Trevor Allen »

Did you ever get to finish this lovely project?

Hows it going now?

Just bought a Trackmate lapcounter. I can see how you fitted it, but what info did you need to put in for the transponders recognition?
vmibert

Post by vmibert »

I'm still working on my track! Other things keep popping up (called life)!

I have laid in all of the plates for the lane switches and some of the steel wires.

As far as the lap counter goes, I built a mock-up of a section of track and then installed the receivers below the board - I made sure the LEDs were below the flatness of the board - I think I ended up adding some spacers in between. I also made sure I knew which direction to mount the LEDs - so that the system would pick up the signal from the emitter LEDs on the cars.

I have a high resolution photo of a grand stand and I've ordered a 1/32nd scale start/finish line accessory I will need to build.

I'm also planning on putting a wall around he entire track and I already have printed some signs of various auto related ads that I will glue onto the walls - just like a real race track.

Bert
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hi bert, your track look fantastic. i know from myself how much work and how many houres are in the track, and i made it much easyer like you. go on , iam waiting to see it complete. best wishes, markus. ps. have you built a track befor (testtrack) ? do it if not, you will learn a lot of to make no mistakes on your big track. i had to work over comlete lines,because they were not,, round,,. better test befor.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

me again, i have seen on the fotos you have installed the timecounter led in one behind the other. i have a trackmate too,and installed the led side by side. so you get a wider space to catch an impuls from the cars. on my track it works perfect at all speeds.so it dont matters if the car is drifting.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

vmibert

Post by vmibert »

My track has two lanes, so I installed a lap counter receiver on each track. It doesn't matter which lane your car is on when it crosses the track since each car has its own unique identifier code. Also, the first time your car goes over the lap counter, the counter starts at zero (0). Then the next time the car crosses the lap counter, it will increment to one (1). Since I have a it lane that is located before the lap counter, a car that goes off to the pit lane will not be penalized. My starting grid will be right next to the pit lane.

Bert
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

its clear that the counter starts at zero .wen you drive the first time over the receiver, the system has to learn wich car is driving there around. on my track i got 3 tracklines and the boxlinie , and in all 4 are receivers so it dont matters wich lane you take. wen i start from zero with full throttle, my cars make a little step to the side, because of the wheelspin. also wen i come out of the last curve in a drift the car is shaking to the left and right with the rear befor it runs straight. that can take so long that i pass my receivers not straight. but it dont matters, because i set the led sibe by side.i installed it first like i had seen, the long way, and i had glitches and failures. there were fantasienumbers on my monitor. turned the receivers 90 degrees, not one failure,dont matters if the car is straight. works perfect.