My Big MagTrack

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Lasp

Re: My Big MagTrack

Post by Lasp »

Very goodexample Old man, without Slot!
I belive that it Will be place for any adjustment, when seralj are up and rundning.
Thinking of more magnetic wire at the border (thicker).

Still waiting on the cars :tung
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

We set up the MagTrack after our regular races last night. It took 3 minutes (we timed it).
A bunch of guys ran the 2 cars for a half hour, looks like most guys will only need one or two hours to get comfortable with it...I'm slowly winning them over, I think
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

We had a few guys over tonight for some practice. It went way better than the first time. We ran 5 minute races and had 3 marshals and 3 guys racing. Everyone loved it and I finally got a bit of video

Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Very good video OSR! I Will look at it several times.
sincityslotcars

Post by sincityslotcars »

Awesome!!!! :respect
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

After running it in both directions for a while, we've decided that going counterclockwise works best and is a little easier. I've removed the lane change plates for the clockwise direction and added another racing line at the entry to the straight.
What's been most interesting is that each car feels and drives a little different. We've been running 5 minute heats where each driver has to drive each car, IROC style. Too much fun.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Very nice line-p of cars really do like it, very good paint job.

How did you determined the paint scheme, with real live pictures?
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Paint schemes are whatever spray bombs I have at the time.

Last night we ran 7 cars for the first time. We had 9 guys rotating through, 7 racing and 2 marshals. Everyone ran each car for 5 minute heats, took about 1 hr 15 minutes and we never changed batteries. Took the video at the end, when everyone was exhausted.

Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Definitely some great racing acton :yes . Thanks for sharing ...keeps us all motivated to get our own tracks up and running.
tsmra

Post by tsmra »

That is fantastic OSR. It is very encouraging to see so many cars on the track at one time. :klap What I find even more exiting is TF1250's comment of lap times falling in each consecutive heat. Sounds like people seriously learning racing. Looks like you all had a good time.

Brion.