My Track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Nor Cal Mike

My Track

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Current plans here in Nor Cal is to build two tracks for these cars. One at my friend Bills model train manufacturing business and one here at my place. I currently own three fairly large size slot car tracks plus a small 4X8 bullring and an even smaller 3X6 AC2car bullring. I am out of space and cannot house another track of any kind. That has led me to decide to convert one of my three road tracks to magracing. To do this, I intend to staple card stock over the entire racing surface of this slot car track leaving the slots, power rails and wiring intact. That way I will be able to go back to slots later on this track, All I will need to do is strip a couple layers of stapled card stock away to once again reveal a functional slot car track. The extra width of the third lane will be greened to look appear as a grassy road side shoulder and should supply some run off space for the cars.

The track that I will convert is a track built into the loft attic of my work shop. It is built roughly on two 4ft. X 16ft. (1.3m X 2.6m tables with two bridges spanning roughly 3ft. (1m) connecting the two tables. It is landscaped ( still under construction) to resemble a seaside fishing village common to my area in NW California.

Here are some pictures. I won't really get started until after Christmas but I will add photos as the track develops.
Joel, LeNoir

Re: My Track

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Very cool Mike. Just love the theme. Looking forward to seeing this track progress.
MagRacer

Re: My Track

Post by MagRacer »

Nice track, looking forward to see it in action, I hope you will make a video when you are finished :-)