New Testtrack, done with kelds dremel method.

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Kellerkind

New Testtrack, done with kelds dremel method.

Post by Kellerkind »

Hello everybody,

started my testtrack today. Very simple one, just to check the system, raceline and lanechange options. Decided to go for kelds dremel method because I want to use the track outside and therefor it has to be waterproof. I used waterproof plywood (9mm, called Siebdruckplatte or Sipro in Germany; this stuff is usually used for containerbottoms or cartrailers). I didnt want cardbord or plaster for outside, so the dremel was the way to go. Layed down the lines with a lexanstripe nailed down to the wood. Surprisingly it took three times longer to draw the lines thean to dremel the "slots". Not more than 2.5 hours were needed till now... Now waiting for the parcel from Wes to arrive...

Here is what I got so far. Dimension is 3m x 0.8m (three parts of 1m x 0.8m). Hope you enjoy like I do!

Sorry for the bad quality; just a snapshot.

Regards Jens
Lasp

Re: New Testtrack, done with kelds dremel method.

Post by Lasp »

Interesting Race Line
Its looks right , just simple. Please, want a better photo.
I belive that size is enough for testing the MagRacing behavier.
But again, some videos when its up and running proof it! ;-)
Thanks in advance from Lasp
Kellerkind

Post by Kellerkind »

Hello fellows,

one module 100 x 80cm of my testtrack is finished, first car and gear arrived quickly and even chinese batteries came here relatively fast. I did some first testing and : I Like it! Wes' system works impressingly fine and is totally uncomplicated! No wires, flippers etc, very great. New cars and piano wire are ordered, cant wait for the first "real" race. You might watch my results so far:

Background btw is my slotcartrack. Hope you enjoy.

Regards Jens
Pussywagon

Post by Pussywagon »

:thumpup :thumpup
Very nice job for a first test!

Can you put a picture of your line change please? :roll:

Because i don't understand all your answerd.... :oops:
sorry about my english level......i'm a french guy and we are bad in english.... ;)
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Kellerkind, if you have a slotcar track with that scenery, I can't wait to see your track when its finished.

:yes very nice
/Keld
Pussywagon

Post by Pussywagon »

:o how do you make for the braking mark? ( realist black upon the grey of the road...) ?
Do you know what i want to say.... :oops: .....

It's very nice!
Kellerkind

Post by Kellerkind »

Hi everybody, thanks for your positive feedback.

One (bad-quality) picture of the testtrack, just to keep you updated. Driving is pure fun, even with only one car. Cant wait for the other vehicles to arrive...

@pussywagon: You asked about the metalplates in lanechangers. Opened a thread in the trackbuilding-section to explain.
You might watch here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=209. Tyremarks are just made with an old frontaxle of a slotcar; tyres colored dark grey and rolled down.

Regards Jens
prime05

Post by prime05 »

Very nice, realistic looking track. Would love to see three or four cars running on that.
Kellerkind

Post by Kellerkind »

Hi Freaks,

had a great raceafternoon with 3 cars and my boys. 7yo did a great job, guess he only needs a Bit more grip for his car to make it easier for him in the hairpins. Little One (4,5yo) needs slower car (does the system work with 1,5V, too? :lol: ), but we all had Tons of fun with this little track.

Thanks Wes for this great system!

Regards Jens
WesR

Post by WesR »

Thanks Jens, Nice to hear that you are enjoying your Magracing. It is difficult to
slow the cars. They wont work on lower voltage unfortunately. You could perhaps increase the rear grip by fitting rubber tyres such as the rubber glove finger idea.