Track Opening Soon

North Notts Raceway

Moderator: Trevor Allen

Trevor Allen

Track Opening Soon

Post by Trevor Allen »

I am currently building a modular circuit (12'x6') which I intend to have completed in the early summer. There is a small group ready to race here in the Mansfield area, but I will be looking for new participants as well. Anyone interested should pm me, in order that we can get together, and sort out club nights etc. With luck, I intend to have at least 3 open meetings this year as well, which will probably be on Saturdays in Sutton in Ashfield.

Trev
Trevor Allen

Re: Track Opening Soon

Post by Trevor Allen »

All the boards built, all the wire laid.

Car been round a few times and most lines working as expected. Thinking of changing one or two small sections of racing lines.

All this just in time for the beginning of my holiday season. Still expecting a first meeting in May, following some car and track testing sessions.

When paint has been applied, I'll have to learn how to video it and put the footage up here! :)

Trev
WesR

Post by WesR »

Looking forward to visiting you!
Trevor Allen

Post by Trevor Allen »

Now taken delivery of all the cars (lots) - work there to be done on bodyshells etc. The track has had some testing and there are going to be mods over the next 7 days before filler and paint see the surface. Actually taking a couple fiddly bits out as I obviously overdid the original idea.

Best way to get something done - Set a deadline! I plan that the first race meeting will be on Spring Bank Holiday weekend (probably the Saturday). That means if it looks half finished for Stars Wars Bank Hol (May the 4th be with you), then I have a chance to get some serious practice in as well. However, a kitchen being installed over the next week or so could provide a delay or two, but the deadline is now there. Probably end up painting the kerbs on the Friday night before the Saturday. Invites are open, and the venue is Shirebrook, Notts, near Mansfield if you need to look at a map.

I will have some configuration of a meeting, giving plenty of time for practice, before competitive heats!