what to use for a lap counting system

before a track could be used for serius racing and not only for practice, there must be a lapcounting system.
Keld
Administrator

what to use for a lap counting system

Post by Keld »

Thats the ?, we not know before the system is ready, Wes told me that his system are soon to be presented.
meantime Carsten from my slotcar club are rebuilding his LapMaster system that we and many other are using for slotcar tracks, the goal was the implant digital slotcars, and after that also MAGracing, nice idea since we already have the system in the club we will familiar with it from the start, and just like the program for slot, we can have our own ideas implanted since Carsten are racing in our club.
Today he bring some parts (diodes) and ask me to install them on our test track Tuesday on club evening. I am looking forward to see when ever he is ready. But I am also interested in seeing what system Wes will bring.
/Keld
Joel, LeNoir

Re: what to use for a lap counting system

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

I have not heard of a Carsten timing system. You got a link.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

The counting systems name is LapMaster, http://www.lapmaster.dk/
Right now it is only in test phase for MAGracing.
/Keld
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

I figured out how to keep the cars from running into the back of each other. Will post how when I get home from work.
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Great to see the lap counter has not sunk off the coast. With the large number of cars on track we want to keep the honest honest and see what our cars can do in lap times.

How is Wes doing with his lap system?

Chris
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Joel, LeNoir wrote:I figured out how to keep the cars from running into the back of each other. Will post how when I get home from work.
Working many days? not funny when you have a MAGracing car back home :lol: :lol:
/Keld
Barkhamrider

Post by Barkhamrider »

Being the proud owner of 3 of Carsten Lapmaster systems, we would be very interested in this development at Pinewood raceway. I am travelling up to see Wes and have a go on the Magracing track next wednesday night, and looking at starting to build a test track to look at both a roadtrack and an Oval.

www.pinewoodraceway.com

Regards Nigel
SlotCarsten

Post by SlotCarsten »

LapMaster is a high end system widely used in commercial or club level slot car racing.
It is based on a micro processor (AVR Mega-16) collecting track information from a dead strip or IR-sensor and providing accurate timing. This data is fed to a Windows computer and processed for display on screens or even "LiveTiming" on the internet.

Now the IR-sensors has been modified so that they can be located in the track, and the program in the micro processor has been changed so that it will read the blink code provided by the down pointing LED's of either MAG-Racing, Carrera Digital or SSD (Scalextric). The actual LapMaster program is as of now unchanged, except for the ability to select the decoding type.
(Analog, MAG-Racing, Carrera or SSD).

The prototype has been tested for some time, and by tomorrow the first real system will be delivered to Keld.
Then we will start collecting experience, to see what else we might need of modifications to make it a good working system for MAG-Racing.

To "Backhamrider". Unfortunatly new code will have to go into the LapMaster hardware box, so you will not be able to use your existing hardware boxes for MAG-Racing. Not unless they have to get round to me so that they can be upgraded with new code. The micro code in the box is unfortunatly not field upgradeable.

We will let you all know how the field testing will fare, as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Carsten Groennemann
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

I just got a lap counter from TrackMate, they adapted their r/c lap counter to work with MagCars. I'll be installing and testing it today, but I still only have enough batteries for 2 cars, I'll post some results later, but really want to test it with at least 6 cars running
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Hi Luf, Any idea of the cost for a Trackmate setup?

Paul