Classes

here the word is free (almost) if you would like to discuss real cars ore something else, but nothing that can offence people.
tsmra

Classes

Post by tsmra »

Has anyone considered altering the cars to produce the performance of a slower class of cars?
It would seem that with the possibility of 16 cars on track at once the structure of a realistic grid of a multi-class race could be replicated. Maybe like, better tires for P1 cars down to stock out of the box for a Production class car. Also applying a weight difference to alter the cars performance.
Newbies that could use to get some "seat time" then could do so during an actual race and still be able to have a shot at a class win or have fun racing with those at the same level they currently are at. Wish there were more people in my area that were interested in both sports cars and this type racing car. I had a blast racing 1/32nd sports cars with a small group a few years back and would like to have that sort of fun again.
Just a thought.

Brion.
Oldgoat

Re: Classes

Post by Oldgoat »

:yes great thought, IF you can find a group of like thinking people. Classes would be a blast.

Another subject: I live in the country and about 40 miles from Buffalo, Rochester and Niagra Falls so I had bus. cards made up with Wes's info on them with the web site and alittle info about Magracing. I give these cards out to anyone that seems to have a interest in this hobby. I have to contact Wes on permission to have vinyl signs made for my back tinted windows of my SUV telling anyone who looks at my vehicle about magracing.

Chris
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

tsmra, I guess you could slow them down easy enough. Maybe a diode to drop the voltage to the motor by .7 volt... We might want to consult Wes before doing so, he might have other ideas that would be better. Chris you made me think, I haven't heard that are there any Canucks in the Toronto area trying MAGracing. When I was training with Kodak years ago in Rochester they had a very active slot car community, hopefully some will try. Good luck with the promotion, I'm sure you will find some interested people. I have noticed that about 95% of the racers that have tried them have come back to play again.

Paul
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Paul,
:beer
Wes just sent me a email and he has okay any type of promoting so you might want to think of anything you can do across the border. No one I have told about Magracing has said no and all want to check out the web sites/forum and they asked me tons of questions so I thought hey, why not design a card that has most of the info on it instead.
now I have to learn how to post photos on the forum :ugeek:

Chris
tsmra

Post by tsmra »

Hi Oldgoat,

Might you share what you put on that card?
Right now I am the only one in the area that has these cars that I know of. Sounds like it would be a good thing to have handy. Currently working on an oval and might see about setting up at the local spring flee market/ model swap meet.

Brion.
Erik M

Post by Erik M »

While running my various slot race clubs I found one way to make just this, running classes.
People must be into it but this way could most probably work. And much more possible to actually achieve it with MAGracing!

Run out as a team race.
Preferably long distance to.

Each team has one car and driver in each class, plus one driver.
The drivers then alternate between each car and a marshaling post.

(In traditional slotracing this would probably need to be two extra per team, to cover all marshaling posts...)

Thus you can have several classes reaching at the same time.
Of you then stipulate that each team has to schedule when who does what you'll add a certain amount of both strategy and tactics.

Teams will have to ponder if it's better to try have the fastest car with the best driver in it when other teams best drivers are...

If you get as far add to have a series like this, then there will for sure be quite some underhand dealings going on between both teams and drivers.

You could even run a currency, allowing teams to sell and buy drivers between them...

The currency is, of course, immaterial.
Perhaps installments against points won in the series.
Or, probably better actually, price money from races.

Just be sure to follow the lead of Le Mans in that there is more than one competition in the race. Fuel economy was at least in the middle of the century something to covet for teams not in position to try for class victories.

Probably a good idea to award fairly "outside the track" achievements.
Like best coffee or most degenerate cupcake... And the inevitable... "best progress in not causing ultimate pileups" award!
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Brion and anyone who wants to get a copy of this card, send me your email so I can send you the link

I have not figured how to post photos to forum but can post in a email, send request to
pcwerth@live.com

and I will share the card with you.

Chris