New from Kansas

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
Robby2025

New from Kansas

Post by Robby2025 »

I"m from Topeka,Ks. I have been a slot car fan all my life. Recently saw a youtube video on magracing. Been waiting a long time for slot less racing at this scale. Looking forward on purchasing cars and controllers and getting started building my first track. Thank you, Ken
NFBrown

Re: New from Kansas

Post by NFBrown »

Hi Ken,

I'm a new here too and like you waiting for cars. I'd also like to see more activity on this forum; it's a bit lonely right now.

I'm building a car from one of Ned's printed chassis and bits and pieces. I now have a car I can push along my test track (all eight inches of it) and it follows the wire. So far I haven't managed to wind a steering coil that is strong enough but doesn't overheat. This might be easier if I'd ever seen one of the original cars.

Anyway, welcome.
Nick
Robby2025

Post by Robby2025 »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the welcome. I have been working on getting the space ready for the track and on the track layout. I like what I"m hearing about the new cars. Looks like their using a servo for steering and a new rc system. Hopefully we see the new cars soon.

Good luck on your car and test track.

Ken
NFBrown

Post by NFBrown »

Hi Ken,

I guess there's no reason you can't start building track. I need to make a real test track. My current one is some wire taped down on a small cutting mat.

I have an idea for servo controlled steering that I intend to try. The servo will move a magnet that will steer the car. My only concern is if it was easy to make work someone would have already done it. Helium Frog's new car design shows a servo but there's no info on how it's connected to the steering.

Nick